Dedication: Catalina Channel Swim 2019 – Mark Dahlin
Installation Date: August 8, 2020
Village: Juma Village #2A
GPS Location: See bottom of page.
Difficulties these villagers faced:
- Water source was a hand dug well along the Nagahena River and would sometimes produce dirty water.
- Sometimes the wait at the water source would be 3 hours.
- Very difficult to access the well during the rainy season. Women would fall and break buckets.
- School children would be late for school due to long wait at the water source.
- During the rainy season, people would get diarrhea and 7 people suffered from cholera.
- Mothers would spend some much time getting water that their children would go hungry.